Global Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)
Accountable for overall Strategy, Vision, Thought Leadership, Risk Management, and Program Governance for Cybersecurity Information Assurance centrally, across the Jabil global enterprise.
Successfully created a Global Cybersecurity Information Assurance Capability, to include: Architecture, Engineering, and Operations, Threat & Intelligence, Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC), Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT), Crisis Management Process (to include CEO, COO, CFO, CLO, Communications, and BOD), all centrally managed while globally aligned to Jabil Corporate, Customer, and Division business needs to ensure effective balance of controls across the Jabil Global Enterprise.
- As Jabil’s first CISO defined a balanced Cybersecurity Vision & Roadmap Prioritizing across three main areas; Jabil Customers, Suppliers, and Jabil internal, created a technical plan to increase visibility across Jabil, followed by foundational systemic, baseline controls. The roadmap addressed a steady increase of controls ‘over time’ to allow the Jabil culture to adjust (rather than ‘flipping a switch’).
- Successfully Leveraged ‘Managed Services’ and ‘Cloud’ solutions Through architecture alignment with the enterprise, leveraged SaaS, Cloud, and Managed Services to provide much of the Cybersecurity controls while automating where feasible. This methodology allowed for extremely short deployment times, and the ability to manage budget aligned to business need (i.e. Scale up / down, as needed). Solutions in the ecosystem include: Zscaler, Digital Guardian, Splunk, Hexadite, Okta, ServiceNow, Qualys, Venafi, and Palo Alto.
- Defined and Maintained Global Cybersecurity Budget Aligned to the roadmap, defined and led function to within 1% of annual Cybersecurity budget vs actual year over year. Gained support through business case for annual budget aligning maturity of function, to business need, and threats to Jabil.
- Created linkage between Cybersecurity and Jabil Sales functions Aligned Cybersecurity capabilities to the sales cycle to include marketing materials, pre-sales support, and positioning Cybersecurity as a ‘value add’ to Jabil’s customers. Through direct involvement in sales cycle, assisted in new customer acquisition as well as, customer expansion and retention.
- Cost avoidance and reduction Successfully reduced potential illegal software fines from $9.8mil to $0, through forensic investigation and evidence presentation identifying 3rd party software vendor as providing illegal software into Jabil. Reduced Cybersecurity insurance premiums and gained increased coverage for same cost through presentations of our program to underwriters.